Texas Weddings’ Fast Five asks local wedding professionals the same five questions to help you get to know some of the people behind the companies. Today’s Fast Five comes from Will Herrington, principal/creative director of PhotoHouse Films:
- What services do you provide?
Photography, Videography, Photo Booth, Live Streaming, Prints & Photo Albums
- What inspired you to start this company?
This is a great story. We started the business in 2007. It was one person, one camera, one monopod, and a dream that we could create something that would be more than just the same old wedding film. A friend of ours had been in the business and asked if we had ever considered trying to go full time after hearing my ideas about what and how we would create differently. We came home from our day jobs, told our wives we were quitting and after picking them up off the floor, (JK) they told us: We know you can do whatever you set your mind to, and off we went. 500+ weddings later, I’m glad we took the leap of faith.
- What sets your company apart from similar ones in the same field?
– A Complete and Defining Story: There are so many “music wedding videos” out there today. With all of the new technology being abused through overuse of slow-motion and drone, wedding videos today look more like aftershave commercials, that wedding films. Our focus will always be the story of the Bride and Groom. Everyone has an amazing story to tell, and we spend a great deal of time finding out what brought them to this day. It’s not only important but one of the key elements to a unique and timeless film.
– A World Class Customer Experience: We won’t give too much away on this, but you have to be focused on more than just the film. To create an amazing film, you have to know your clients, really know them. We have created the ultimate experience for our clients from the day they contact us well past their wedding day. Shhhhh. This is our best-kept secret!
– Turnaround Times to Die For: Through a tremendous amount of work, we have been able to deliver these world-class films in 7 days (Destination/Premiere) 4-8 weeks (Standard) 2-4 weeks (for photography) from the day of the wedding. Our clients love knowing they will be able to relive these moments while they are still fresh on their minds. Sharing this amazing day with all of their family and friends.
- What is your favorite part of your workweek and why?
Friday, because we get too excited to capture special moments for our clients over the weekend!
- What is one favorite client story and why?
I met Mandy Fordyce when she was looking for a photographer/videographer for her wedding. At the time she was actually the Sales and Events Manager for Chateau Bellevue. It was great to work with someone personally for her own wedding and also professionally at a venue. Not to mention she and her husband got married on their 9 year anniversary and they are high school sweethearts! Mandy actually now works for us from home while also taking care of their little boy!
Get to know more about Will and PhotoHouse Films at www.photohousefilms.com