One often-overlooked option are Open Houses which are smaller, more intimate events typically hosted by the venue and usually featuring a couple of dozen select wedding professionals.
Why should attending be at the top of your planning to-do list?
- Your budget. Attending several open houses at the start of your planning will give you pricing for the services you want and you can budget appropriately.
- They’re less stressful than private tastings or one-on-one tours. You can spend as much or as little time as you’d like with each professional.
- Since Open Houses are usually smaller than your average wedding show, you have more time to talk with the wedding pros in-depth and get a better idea of whether they are a good fit for you and your wedding.
- With bakers, caterers and bartending companies typically onsite, there are almost always some yummy options for you to sample. You’re likely to meet different professionals at different Open Houses, so we suggest attending several.
- You’ll get a chance to see the latest trends in flowers and décor to help inspire your own wedding.
- You can see what the venues are really like. Pictures on a website are a great start, but actually visiting a venue, usually staged for the Open House, gives you a real feel for the size and style of the venue.
The final reason you should be attending Open Houses? Because they are fun!
Wedding planning can be stressful. Open Houses provide a great date night; a way to spend time together and remember why you decided to get married to begin with.
January 9 & 10, 2021, 1 to 6 p.m.
Open House, with Aly Am Paperie Invitations & Gifts
950 E. Grayson, San Antonio, TX 78208
January 13, 2021, 6 p.m.
Bridal Gown & Tuxedo Fashion Show by Brides by Elizabeth
10319 Huebner Road, San Antonio, TX 78240
January 24, 2021, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Love at Frost Sight – Open House
The Allen Farmhaus
Elite Bartending Services, Sugar Clouds Cotton Candy & Sun Gold Photography will all be on property
2606 FM 758, New Braunfels, TX 78130
To learn more about the wedding professionals involved with these events, please visit their websites:
The Allen Farmhaus
Aly Am Paperie Invitations & Gifts
Brides by Elizabeth
Circle J Ranch
Elite Bartending Services
Elm Pass Woods
Ever After Studio
The Exclusive Cake Shop
Granberry Hills Event Facility
Rex Formal Wear
Sendera Springs Weddings & Events
Sugar Clouds Cotton Candy
Sun Gold Photography