One often-overlooked option are Open Houses which are smaller, more intimate events typically hosted by the venue and usually featuring a couple of dozen select wedding professionals.
Why should attending be at the top of your planning to-do list?
- Your budget. Attending several open houses at the start of your planning will give you pricing for the services you want and you can budget appropriately.
- They’re less stressful than private tastings or one-on-one tours. You can spend as much or as little time as you’d like with each professional.
- You can see what the venues are really like. Pictures on a website are a great start, but actually visiting a venue, usually staged for the Open House, gives you a real feel for the size and style of the venue.
- Since Open Houses are usually smaller than your average wedding show, you have more time to talk with the wedding pros in-depth and get a better idea of whether they are a good fit for you and your wedding.
- With bakers and caterers typically onsite, there are almost always some yummy options for you to sample. You’re likely to meet different professionals at different Open Houses, so we suggest attending several.
- You’ll get a chance to see the latest trends in flowers and décor to help inspire your own wedding.
The final reason you should be attending Open Houses? Because they are fun!
Wedding planning can be stressful. Open Houses provide a great date night; a way to spend time together and remember why you decided to get married to begin with.
For more information on the professionals mentioned, please visit their websites:
- COMPLETE weddings + events
- Elm Pass Woods
- Granberry Hills Event Facility
- Groove Line Productions
- HighPointe Estate
- I Pronounce You
- Lone Star Oaks
- Messina Inn