Bridal portrait sessions help put a sparkle in our eyes! Capturing bridal portraits not only gives your photographer a chance to get to know their bride, but also gives you a chance to get to know the quirks of your dress and veil. We got the chance to speak with some of our professional photographers and got the most important tips for you brides. We suggest the following tips for all brides as they think about planning for their session.
1) Give yourself plenty of time to “run late.” It’s common to have a first hair and/or make up trial in addition to remembering traffic patterns, dress accessories, bouquet. It’s critical to show up to the session relaxed and excited, not stressed from running behind.
2) Use the Hair & Make-up Artist, and Florist you plan to use on your wedding day. It’s a benefit to know how long it will really take to complete the “getting ready” process and you’re pleased with the final result.
3) Bring a helpful hand to your session. We invite encouragers to our sessions and appreciate the extra hand to carry the bride’s belongings, etc. Please be selective in who you bring, as you want to avoid the “critical eye…”
4) By having your portraits taken before your wedding you are giving yourself more flexibility when it comes to the location. We’ve found some of the nicest photos for Bridal Portraits are coming from architectural sites, churches and natural greenery. By doing this your photos have more diversity to them.
5) Taking Bridal Portraits will give you more time to focus and relax for your upcoming wedding. We know the wedding day is going to be busy and you will be working hard to capture those Bride and Groom moments. So taking the time to focus on your Bridal is a nice way to show some self-love by remembering your special day.
6) Any and all your Bridal photos can be used at your reception. A great way to dress up some tables and decorate!