The cost for a marriage license is $60, plus local fees that range from $21 to $22.
However, couples taking a state-approved, 8-hour premarital course will have the $60 license fee waived. The course must be completed within one year before the wedding to qualify. Courses will cover topics such as conflict management, communications skills and other key components of a successful marriage.
Marriage licenses will continue to be issued by each of the county courthouses and be valid throughout the state of Texas.
To receive your license you must…
- Both apply in person with proper I.D. (i.e. Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, passport).
- Have your Social Security card.
- No blood test is necessary.
- Pay cash only.
- You must wait 30 days until after your divorce is final but do not need to bring your divorce decree.
- Your marriage license is valid for 90 days.
- There is a 72-hour waiting period after your license is issued before you may be married. Exceptions are if you are an active duty military person, have completed the premarital course or for any one who receives a waiver from any district judge.
- Bexar County
101 W. Nueva St., Ste. 120
150 N. Seguin, Ste. 101
101 W. Main St., Room 109
211 West Court Street • Seguin
or Satellite Office:
1101 Elbel Rd. • Schertz
712 S. Stage Coach Trail
201 E. San Antonio Ave.
5501 Airport Blvd.
405 Martin Luther King