Obtaining Your Marriage License
The cost for a marriage license is $60, plus local fees that range from $12 to $22.
However, couples taking a state-approved, 8-hour premarital course will have the $60 license fee waived. The course must be completed within one year before the wedding to qualify. Courses will cover topics such as conflict management, communications skills and other key components of a successful marriage.
Marriage licenses will continue to be issued by each of the county courthouses and be valid throughout the state of Texas.
To receive your license you must…
- Both apply in person with proper I.D. (i.e. Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, passport).
- Have your Social Security card.
- No blood test is necessary.
- Pay cash or credit cards only.
- You must wait 30 days until after your divorce is final but do not need to bring your divorce decree.
- Your marriage license is valid for 90 days.
- There is a 72-hour waiting period after your license is issued before you may be married. Exceptions are if you are an active-duty military person, have completed the premarital course or for any one who receives a waiver from any district judge.
- Atascosa County 1 Courthouse Circle Dr., Ste. 102, Jourdanton 830-767-2511
- Kerr County 700 Main St., Ste. 122, Kerrville 830-792-2255
- Medina County 1100 16th St., Hondo 830-741-6000
- Wilson County 1420 3rd St., Ste. 101, Floresville 830-393-7308
- Bexar County 101 W. Nueva St., Ste. 120, San Antonio 210-335-2223
- Comal County 150 N. Seguin, Ste. 101, New Braunfels 830-221-1230
- Gillespie County 101 W. Main St., Room 109, Fredericksburg 830-997-6515
- Guadalupe County 211 West Court Street • Seguin or Satellite Office: 1101 Elbel Rd. • Schertz 830-303-8863
- Hays County 712 S. Stage Coach Trail Ste.2008, San Marcos 512-393-7330
- Kendall County 201 E. San Antonio Ave., Boerne 830-249-9343
- Travis County 5501 Airport Blvd. Austin, 512-854-9188
- Williamson County 405 Martin Luther King, Georgetown 512-943-1526