Need a creative wedding hashtag? We got you.
Wedding hashtags are a great way to keep track of special moments captured by your friends and family for your wedding. Plus, a wedding hashtag also generates interest and excitement prior to your wedding day.
Don’t be intimidated by creating a unique wedding hashtag. We have the advice you need on how to create one, and a wedding hashtag generator to make it easy.
What to Consider when Creating a Wedding Hashtag
To start, create your wedding hashtag early on in your planning process. If both you and your fiance have a strong interest in the final decision, spend an evening together brainstorming. Once you’ve narrowed it down to a couple options, spend a day or two seeing what feels right.
Once you have a hashtag or two that you like, be sure to check it’s not already in use.
Also, be sure your hashtag includes some capitalization. For example, “TaylorGetsTaken rather than “taylorgetstaken. This will ensure your hashtag isn’t misread with unexpected results.
In addition, you may want to crowdsource your wedding hashtag ideas. This is a great co-ed party event to kick off your planning and get great ideas from your friends.
The key is to decide early and stick with the decision. Then, spread the word. Use your hashtag during your engagement party, bridal shower, and rehearsal dinner. This would not only allow you to have every cherished moment all in one place, but could also help your guests remember your hashtag after using it a couple of times.
How to Make a Creative Wedding Hashtag
1) Keep your hashtag short and simple. The easier it is to remember, the more it will be used.
2) You may want to include your wedding date, such as #SayingIDoMaySixth, #ForeverSmith2024, #SmithsInSeptember
3) Try combining your names to create a new couple name, a la #Bennifer
4) If your names are long or hard to spell, go with initials like #LoveWinsWithJ&M
5) Consider using your wedding location such as #TheHillsTakeTheHamptons
6) Alternatively, if your wedding is themed you can utilize that like #FiestaLovinWithTheFranks
7) Rhymes and alliteration make ideal wedding hashtags. Use google to look up what rhymes with both your first names, your wedding location, and future last names. Examples include #TheHarrysMarry, #Jon&JillNeverJilted or #LiveLaughLoveLacey&Bill
Where and How to Use your Wedding Hashtag
Start with social media. True, you may not have your hashtag for your original post with your ring pic (unless you really planned in advance!). But use it early and often.
During your pre-wedding events and during your reception you can have your hashtag printed on signs, napkins, wedding favors, fans, bottled waters, and anything else unique to your wedding.
Wedding Hashtag Generator
As always, we made things simple for you. Our wedding hashtag generator below gives you a wealth of ideas for you to make a creative wedding hashtag.
Use your wedding dates, names or other life details to fill in the blanks below.
In addition, you may want to go with a hashtag that uses rhyming or alliteration. Use our A-Z wedding hashtag generator to add your names, either first or last.