Choosing your first dance song is one of the best parts of planning your wedding reception. You may already have a go-to song that played on your first date, or has a special meaning to you. Perhaps you’ll want to dance to the same song your parent’s did, or a favorite song of a beloved relative.
But if you’re in need of some ideas for popular first dance songs, you’ve come to the right place. Our curated list features everything from country music to classics. So open up your Spotify and start listening! And for more ideas, consult with your wedding DJ.
Country First Dance Songs
In Texas, choosing a country music first dance song is a popular choice. These beloved songs are ideal for that Texas Hill Country wedding that is all country and part chic. Many couples danced to their favorite country music song many times during their courtship, evoking years of memories. DJZ Event Group is a local San Antonio favorite for full-service DJ packages, photo booths, lighting and more.
- From This Moment On – Shania Twain
- Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
- I Cross My Heart – George Strait
- Then – Brad Paisley
- My Wish – Rascal Flatts
- It’s Your Love – Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
- Bless The Broken Road – Rascal Flatts
- God Gave Me You – Blake Shelton
- Amazed –Lonestar
Classic First Dance Songs
A classic love song is a great choice for your first dance. It will provide a romantic backdrop to your first dance. A classic love song could be a song from decades ago that still charms the crowd. Or a classic from the 70’s and 80’s that is just as meaningful today. Talk to expert DJ’s such as Texas Professional Disc Jockey for more ideas, or alternate cover options of classic songs.
- The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
- At Last – Etta James
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
- Your Song – Elton John
- I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) – James Taylor
- Faithfully – Journey
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life – Bill Medley & Jennifer Warns
- Stand By Me – Ben E. King
- (Everything I Do) I Do It For You – Bryan Adams
Modern First Dance Songs
As great as classic love songs can be, sometimes you need something a little more modern. These are certainly the classics to be! Reach out to true music pros such as Groove Line Productions DJ’s for fresh ideas.
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- All of Me – John Legend
- Everything – Michael Buble
- Marry Me – Jason Derulo
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- Baby I’m Yours – Artic Monkeys
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri